Friday, June 02, 2006

Going Camping!

We are leaving this afternoon to go camping in the northern part of Michigan...I can't wait! The last time that we went camping was 2 years ago, so it's been a while. It was that time that we found our dear Basset Hound Louna. She was just crossing the street with no collar around her neck and nobody seemed to be looking for her...We told the park ranger that we had her in case somebody asked, but nobody came. I like to think that she was sent to us. We had been talking about adopting a dog a few months prior to finding her so the timing was perfect. She is a gift, she is the sweetest and most special dog ever (maybe because she is my first dog!)

This week end will be the first time that we go camping with her. I hope that she'll love it. I also hope that she won't puke in the car the whole way there...When we first found her, we couldn't go in the car for more than 3 minutes without her throwing up. I heard that some dogs have motion sickness, but I always thought that it was mainly the intense fear that we were taking her somewhere to abandon her that made her sick, and indeed as trips to dog parks became more frequent her puking almost stopped. But we have never driven for 4 hours with her in the car...We are planning on taking her to the park and making her tired before hitting the road...Hopefully that'll do it.

We are practically all packed up and really excited. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of our trip next week. Have a great week end!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bebu said...

Hello Marge,

I really wonder how you found my blog by doing research for an e-commerce class! It's great that you are thinking of becoming a doula, I hope that you will be taking steps towards it because it is proven that doulas are really beneficial for women who are giving birth.

Our trip up north was awesome. We went to Sleeping Bear Dunes. I have never been to the uppies, but i'm sure that it must be gorgeous. I'll be posting the pictures as soon as I get a chance.

Good luck and take care!

June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter