Monday, March 13, 2006

Getting Involved

I am really excited. I went to the North Oakland chapter meeting of the birthNETWORK last Thursday and started talking to one of the leaders about volunteering. She was thinking that we could put something together for International Midwives Day on May 5th. I am really happy to be finally able to meet people who believe in the same thing I do, to be involved in my community and try to educate women about their choices when giving birth.

I will be putting up fliers and contacting people at my University to see if we could use one of their rooms for the event. I was really happy to see that the Michigan's governor, Jennifer Granholm, proclaimed May 5 as Midwife Day in our state, which is a good start I think.

More on the Midwife day event later...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations, that sounds like a great start. Very exciting. It inspires me to get involved in local midwifery events, too.

March 16, 2006  
Blogger Bebu said...

Thanks Kyra,

it is very exciting. I am looking forward to be graduate in August and be able to finally spend most of my spare time working towards my goal, instead of doing homework!

March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter