Wednesday, August 15, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I have not had a lot of experience with a lot of different yarns, so I could not name a specific yarn that I like. All I can say is that I can't stand yarn that itches..I really like when the yarn is really soft.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now my needles and hooks are just in a little box that has nothing special...A pretty box to keep them would be a cool thing to have.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned how to knit as a child. My mom taught me, but I never made anything more than scarves until recently. I have knitted a sweater and realized that I like to be challenged. I have started to knit socks for that reason, but can't seem to finish the pair...I would say that I am intermediate since the challenge doesn't scare me.

I learned how to crochet when I was about 17, and I have made a few items. I have made 2 tanks tops, some booties and a hat for my niece when she was born and I started the blanket that matched the booties and the hat, but never finished it...she is now 3.5 yrs old. I have also made a cool hat for my mom that I lost while on a boat, and I made a purse.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I do have an amazon wish list, but it is under my real name...I would need to re-create it to share it with the world!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I like mostly flowery scents such as gardenia, lilac, and Jasmine. I really don't like candles that smell like food, like Banana Nut Bread; for some reason it upsets my stomach..

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Husby calls me "Cookie Monster" because I LOVE crunchy cookies like chocolate chip cookies or Oreos.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin, but I have done a Mosaic. I am also working on a cross stich project that I started the day of my husband's bachelor party (we have been married for 3 years.) My Mother-in-law tells me that it'll be ready for my daughter or son's wedding (We do not have any child and aren't planning on starting for a couple of years...)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music. I like classical, reggae, R&B, Rock. I don't like Metal, or Country too much. I do believe that my computer can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love the color red, and I like orange. There are no particular colors that I can't stand.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with no child. I have 2 dogs. A basset hound whose name is Louna and a Newfoundland whom we call Remy.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves. I have a couple of hats, but I would like to own more of them. I think that they really add a something to an outfit. I have never owned a poncho or mittens, only gloves.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
So far it's a sock.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have one sock done in need of the second one. I have started to crochet an outfit for a friend's baby, but I have to redo the pattern since the sizes are only 0 to 3 months and I want to do a 3 to 6..so it might take a while.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes I do

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I do not have enough experience to have a preference yet.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is still a crocheted purse. I still need to do the lining and I started it around March 2006.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I think that my favorite holiday is Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
No, I don't collect anything.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I do not have any knitting/crocheting magazine subscriptions. I am in search of patterns of sweaters that look good and that don't have endless stockinette rows.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
How to knit cables.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have knitted one so far! A size 9.5 to 10.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
October 7th!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter