Friday, December 22, 2006

Blues?

We are in the middle of the Holiday Season and yet I don't feel great.

Last Saturday was my gradutation ceremony. Even though I graduated in August I still wanted to walk. I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished and I wanted to be the one that the speakers were congratulating and giving messages of hope to, after having gone to a few commencement ceremonies for friends and family in the past. It was fun. The excitement of the graduates was tangible. But the thing that I was the most happy about was that my mom and her boyfriend were there.

My mom had never visited me in the US before. Not even for my small wedding (not out of bad intention.) I was glad to know that finally she could see my life here in the US. I know that she is proud of me and that she was really excited to be there as well.

We decided to take a trip to Chicago. She loves rythm n' blues and I grew up listening to James Brown, Joe Cocker, Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin and many more. We were set on visiting the House of Blues, but as the evening came closer we found out about a concert at the Blue Chicago that sounded inviting. The concert was AWESOME. It had been a while since I saw a live concert, and having grown up watching my dad play with his band in my native city, it's in my blood and I love it. The musicians were really good and even though it was Sunday night and the bar was pretty empty the atmosphere was really fun.

Now my mom is gone. I know that she had a good time, and I hope that she will come back soon. Now I am preparing myself for a dreaded new year. My sick family member will start a harsh treatment in January. I feel tired, chubby and worried. Maybe I'll wake up feeling better tomorrow but for right now I wish that everybody was healthy and that my mom were here so that I could show her a lot more than is possible in a short week.

I love you Mom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Merry X'mas & Happy New Year!

December 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter