Friday, October 14, 2005

Missed Opportunity

You know how it feels when you didn't do something when you could have done it, and later regret not having done it? (I did learn that asking questions like that arouse the interest of the reader...I just need to practice and get better at it!)

Well today I was having lunch with Husby and a couple of friends and one of the ladies that I used to babysit for walked in the resaturant. I was kind of trying to hide from her and now that I think about it I don't really know why. Maybe I was shy? I haven't seen her in 3 years and seeing her reminded me of the time I spent with her son R. She also has a daughter, E, but I didn't really get along with her.

R was 3 years old when I started babysitting him. He has big brown eyes with dark hair, and some people thought that he was my son, since we have the same features. I had such a good connection with him. Many times he ran out of his house crying when I was backing up from the driveway, screaming "You didn't give me a kiss!!" He was the cutest and sweetest boy. I didn't babysit his sister as much because she was older and spent her days at school, while he only went to school until 11.30.

Their mom let me go because her husband changed his work schedule and could go pick the kids up from school everyday. She told me that I could still work until I found another job, and gave me the name of another lady whose children go to the same school as R and T.

The last time I saw R was at his school, while visiting with the other kids I was now babysitting. R was excited to see me, and he was as sweet as ever. It was prayer time in the Catholic school so I sat down on the floor with R on my lap. The teacher started her prayer saying "Thank you God for having all the moms, dads, sisters, and brothers reunited here with us today" and R to scream "and babysitters!!!"

So today I had the opportunity to ask about him, and I didn't. I feel so stupid and I am disappointed. I hope that if I ever run into his mom again I'll have the bright idea to stop and say hello...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter