Thursday, September 28, 2006

Secret Pal 9

I am really excited. Thanks to My Wooly Nest I found out about Secret Pal 9 and I am going to participate. I think that it is a really neat idea, and I'm sure that I'll have a lot of fun. Hopefully it will force me to knit/crochet a little more, although I have to share the pictures of the hats that I have been making.

I would say that I am pretty good at crocheting, but I am only starting to knit. One thing that I discovered is that yarn is really expensive. I bought a book with some easy patterns to make sweaters and hats. Huby picked a pattern of a sweater for me to make, and I went to the store to buy the yarn...the yarn's name is Manos del Uruguay, it costs about $14 a skein and I need 8 of them...well I am not ready to spend more than a hundred dollars on yarn to make one sweater yet. I need to learn more about yarn to figure out how to get some cheaper yarn that will still do the job.

If you are interested in joining Secret Pal too, I would suggest that you hury because the last day to do so is September 30!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter