Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Deeeeetroit Basketbaaaal!

I have never really been a fan of any kind of sports, but the one thing that I like is to see the local team perform great and be part of the party.

The first time that I really celebrated was in 1998 in the city where I was born, watching the French team becoming the soccer world champion after beating the Brazilian team. I watched the game on a big screen with hundreds of fans, and after the victory the city just exploded. I marched on the streets with some friends and was caught up in the excitement. We danced under a building where a guy had turned his speaker towards the street and created a temporary night club, and we danced in the fountain in the middle of the city...Lots of fun!

I was also really excited when the Detroit Pistons won the 2004 NBA Championship. I sat in my living room watching the games even though I had never been interested in basketball before. And now I am cheering for the Tigers!

And last night I got to go and see the Pistons play. They played against the Washington Wizards and won 101 to 94. I had never been to a basketball game before and I had a ton of fun. I enjoyed being so close to the players, and hearing the excitement in the stands (even though the Palace was pretty empty since the Tigers were playing game 3 of the Playoff.)

Now that I have a little taste of how fun it can be in the stands I have a lot of catching up to do! I'd like to see another Pistons Game and a hockey game should be cool to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter