Monday, October 23, 2006

Knitting!

So as I mentioned before, I have signed up for Secret Pal 9. My secret pal seems really nice, and I can't wait to discover who she is!

As far as knitting goes, I have found yarn to make my sweater. There is a little craft store called My Craft Room that offers 2 hour classes, which I attended a couple of times. I went in 3 weeks ago and inquired about which kind of yarn I should use for my project. The lady directed me to a $4 yarn skein as she cautioned that it was "nothing special." To be honest, I don't need any fancy yarn to make my very first sweater. Depending on how this one turns out we'll see if it's worth it to splurge next time or just give up!

So far I have knitted the back, one arm, and I have made about 7 inches of the front. See I wish that I could show pictures, but turns out I destroyed our digital camera when I went to Montreal last.... Don't want to write too big, husby is reading and he's not too happy about that. The yarn is red and I have made some decoration on the front with seed stitches. It calls for a hood, but I am not sure if it would look good with a hood...we'll see.

The big news is actually that I have started to knit a sock tonight! With 4 needles and everything. It is coming along nicely, although I am dreading the heel. So my question is, when do you become an intermediate knitter? Do you have to have actually finished a sweater and a pair of socks. I guess as soon as we receive our new camera I'll post a picture of the unfinished sweater and the beginning of my sock and you (yes hundreds of you who read my blog religiously!!) will be the judge. Do I deserve to be called an intermediate level knitter?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter