Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not so Tricky

Have you ever tried to trick yourself? I did.

On Tuesday night, as I was walking out of Meijer, I found it would be a good idea to walk through.....the cookies aisle! As I was trying hard not to look at them and to keep walking, just keep walking, my eyes were just drawn towards the "Sugar Free" cookies!

Yes I know, there is a ton of fat and they are hardly no less calories than the regular cookies, but what I am to do? Husby does call me cookie monster after all. So, of course, I bought a little package of 12 cookies.

The package said that the serving size was 3 cookies for 10,000,000 calories. While driving back home I opened the package and start eating my 3 cookies....ok, what is one more going to do?? As i grab my fourth cookie, I realized that if I wanted to grab more I had to remove a little piece of paper that was separating them...and this is when it all happened. I had the great idea to try to trick myself into forgetting about the cookies (the key word here is try). So I hid the package into the glove box, and started to fantasize about the day I would find the package, and how happy I would be, and with a little luck (for my butt) it would have been so long since I bought it that I couldn't even eat them...

Of course I didn't stop thinking about the damn package all day Wednesday, and when at 7pm I finally grabbed it on my way to my mother-in-law's, I didn't just eat one serving size, but I finished it...

So my advice to you, internet, is: don't try to trick yourself, turns out you'll know about it and it won't work! Just enjoy them, and next time, try the feminine product aisle while leaving Meijer, it's safer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You truly are the cookie monster!

October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter