Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Nutcracker

I can't believe it's been more than 2 weeks that I haven't posted...I have been going crazy, getting sick, going to a seminar, preparing final presentations for my 4 classes....fun fun fun.

The really fun part though was tonight. Last Monday one of the ladies who hires me to babysit her 13 and 9 year old kids called me to see if I could "save" her by taking her daughter and a friend to see the Nutcracker tonight at the Detroit Opera House! That would have been great enough by itself, but on top of that we were part of the gala and had fancy diner before the show, and desert on stage with the dancers after the show, and I made $75! It doesn't get much better than that!

Actually it would have been better if Husby could have come because first of all it would have been nice to share something like that together, and he would have kept me company. You see the girls spent the entire evening (except during the show) hanging out with their friends while I sat on a table by myself trying to look like I am having a blast among these rich people who barely pay attention to me...but I enjoyed it...the show part anyway...it was realy gorgeous.

I have another 2 weeks of craziness with school and then I get a winter break, which I can't wait for anymore. Hopefully I'll be able to post a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter