Wednesday, October 04, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I have not had a lot of experience with a lot of different yarns, so I could not name a specific yarn that I like. All I can say is that I can't stand yarn that itches..I really like when the yarn is really soft.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now my needles and hooks are just in a little box that has nothing special...A pretty box to keep them would be a cool thing to have.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned how to knit as a child. My mom taught me, but I never made anything more than scarves until recently. I have only made hats so far. I am really excited to start learning new points and make cool things, but I have to figure out out to get some cheaper yarn (see my previous post)

I learned how to crochet when I was about 17, and I have made a few items. I have made 2 tanks tops, some booties and a hat for my niece when she was born and I started the blanket that matched the booties and the hat, but never finished it...she is now 2.5 yrs old. I have also made a cool hat for my mom that I lost while on a boat, and I made a purse.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I do have an amazon wish list, but it is under my real name...I would need to re-create it to share it with the world!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I like mostly flowery scents such as gardenia, lilac, and Jasmine. I really don't like candles that smell like food, like Banana Nut Bread; for some reason it upsets my stomach..

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Husby calls me "Cookie Monster" because I LOVE crunchy cookies like chocolate chip cookies or Oreos.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin, but I have done a Mosaic. I am also working on a cross stich project that I started the day of my husband's bachelor party (we have been married for 2.5 years.) My Mother-in-law tells me that it'll be ready for my daughter or son's wedding (We do not have any child and aren't planning on starting for a couple of years...)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music. I like classical, reggae, R&B, Rock. I don't like Metal, or Country too much. I do believe that my computer can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love the color red, and I like orange. There are no particular color that I can't stand.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with no child. I have 2 dogs. A basset hound whose name is Louna and a Newfoundland whom we call Remy.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves. I have a couple of hats, but I would like to own more of them. I think that they really add a something to an outfit.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
So far it's a hat...but as I said, I have not ventured myself into more complicated things yet...

13. What are you knitting right now?
There is a class that meets every Wednesday and I am planning on going today and start a sweater.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes I do

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I do not have enough experience to have a preference yet.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have started a sweater a long time ago, but I don't plan on finishing it because it is WAY too big, so I guess I don't have any UFO on the knitting front. As far as my crocheting goes, the purse is technically not 100% finished, I still need to do the lining and I started it around March 2006.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I think that my favorite holiday is Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
No, I don't collect anything.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I do not have any knitting/crocheting magazine subscriptions, but I went to B*rnes and N*bles and looked for a book/magazine with patterns for beginners that still look cool and wearable and I had a really hard time finding anything.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to learn how to make socks, how to use circular needles.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
See question 21!

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
October 7th!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pennie said...

Just reading your blog . . . happy birthday :)

October 07, 2006  
Blogger Bebu said...

Thanks Pennie!!

October 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter