Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Great Book

I just finished reading Giving Birth: A Journey Into the World of Mothers and Midwives by Catherine Taylor. This book is really interesting. Catherine is a journalist and really wants another child. She decides to do some research about midwives. The reader can follow her through her pregnancy. Taylor explains the difference between nurse-midwives working at a hospital and midwives working with homebirth.

I found this book by accident (or luck I should say) at the local library, and I can say that I am happy I did. I had never heard of it before. I have been in a lot of forums where lists of good books are exchanged and books such as Spiritual Midwifery, or Ina May's Guide to Childbirth to only name a few are always mentionned, but I never came accross this one. If you are pregnant, or are just a birth junky like I am, this book is a really good one to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter