Monday, September 19, 2005

Oktoberfest.....in September!

I managed to drag Husby to Frankenmuth this week-end because they were celebrating the Oktoberfest...what? You didn't know that Oktober means September in German??? Well for those ignorant people just like me, the Oktoberfest this year apparently begins September 17th, and ends on October 3rd. So we went to Frankenmuth, which is a little more than an hour away from where we live, and we decided to bring Louna with us.

I feel terrible right now because you are probably wondering who is that Louna that she took to Frankenmuth? And you should already know her. Louna is my dog, and I really need to introduce her to the Internet, but I would like to do it with a picture, because I think that it would be more appropriate.

One thing, however that I will tell you about my Louna is that she doesn't enjoy too much going in the car...in fact, if she could talk, I think that she would say that she just plain hates it. She hates it so much that she managed to throw up a couple of times in my car...that was just lovely. It was funny because a lot of people came by us to ask if they could pet her, which was really cute (I am sure that you can't wait to see her pictures now!)

As for Frankenmuth? Well the city in itself is really cute. I really enjoyed it. There are a lot of little stores that sell fudge, and other useless objects. There is a big wooden bridge that is pretty cool and a lot of little river like decorative rivers...

The Oktoberfest event was in a tent. We could hear the music as we parked, it sounded pretty cool. Then we saw the inside of the tent...the crowd very much reminded me of those little village's party nights that we find in the deep France (and tiny villages around the world) : A bunch of old people sitting, looking at the band, and enjoying their food....not the kind of crowd that I usually hang out with! Not that I have anything against 80 year old people, but... yes I do.
So we went back home. I really liked it though, and I would definitely go back next year, although probably not for the Oktoberfest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

But did you go to the Christmas-All-Year thing in Frankenmuth? That's the only thing I know about FM!

September 26, 2005  
Blogger Bebu said...

Actually no we didn't. We drove by it, and my husband got this really impulsive reaction against it!
I guess he doesn't like the idea of a Christmas store all year long...I'll probably go just to see one day.

September 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter